Sunday, April 8, 2012

The One-Year Mark


04/01/2012
One year after last chemo session

It's hard to believe a whole year has passed since that last chemo session. I met with my oncologist this past month and things still look very good. My energy is not fabulous and I still have joint pain from the Arimidex but I'm healthy and have gotten back into life. I feel like I've returned to the land of the living.

As for the hair, I've decided to go to a quarterly posting. I've started getting it cut now so you won't see great changes in length from month to month. I'm hoping in another year it's back to the way it was. Still not crazy about the color. Maybe Summer can figure that out for me when she comes home next week. (Yeah!)

As you can see from a couple of posts ago, my hair is REALLY straight and kind of resistant to curl. I'm going to talk to my hairdresser this week about the possibility of a perm--probably not this time because I'm due for a cut and when it's shorter it's easier to curl but maybe next month. I'll have to see what she says. It feels like it's filling in a little--doesn't look quite as bald in the back--but still not very thick. It's getting some shine, though, by the roots (not that dead stuff on the ends) so it's starting to look healthier, too.

On a more positive note, my eyelashes have fully recovered and my nails are much better. I still have vertical ridges in one of my pinkie fingernails but the others are smooth and still regaining their strength. I keep them pretty short since I do so much typing but they grow fast and don't split much at all.

See you in three months!

No comments:

Post a Comment