Sunday, April 7, 2013

04/02/2013
2 years after last chemo session
 
So, how long has it been now? I have taken pictures but never posted them and by the time I go back to look at them, I can't remember when I took them. (Is that Alzheimer's I need to worry about now?) Finally, I remembered--maybe because it was the anniversary...
I'm still trying to get my hair the right color but at least I think I'm going in the right direction this time. It got a little white there for a while. It's still too thin, especially on the crown, and I have a lot of breakage around my face--bangs have splintered off and the parts on the sides that I want to get long keep breaking as well. That's the bad news. The good news is I'm still doing well after two years and have had no recurrence. I started teaching Seminary last November so I'm pretty wasted but I don't think I can fairly attribute that to disease :).

Life is good. My kids are doing well, Mario and I are trying to buy a home and my job is promising. Most importantly, I have learned to count my blessings--all my blessings--every day. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment