Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Beginning of the End

On December 16, 2010, I began chemo (TAC which is an acronym for a cocktail composed of taxotere, adriamycin and cyclophosphamide) which I would receive every three weeks for six sessions. I was told I could expect my hair to fall out two to two and a half weeks after my first session.

We were supposed to fly to Utah the day after Christmas to celebrate my father's 80th birthday but our flight from the east coast was cancelled due to an announced storm (that never arrived, I might add) and with all the Christmas travel, we were not able to rebook. My mother had arranged for a family photo to be taken since everyone but Sabrina would have been there. It was scheduled for the day my hair was supposed to fall out (based on the doctors' predictions). Since we couldn't go, we took family pictures in our home that day and my hair had started to thin but was not too bad yet.

12/29/2010
2 weeks after first chemo session

No comments:

Post a Comment