Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Wait Begins

Now we can fast forward. Once your hair falls out you have no hope of getting any back until after chemo. My last session was 3/31/2011. Kind of an interesting side note: although all the hair on my head fell out right away, other body hair took a little longer. I saw that my eyelashes were thinning some time during the 4th or 5th chemo session but it wasn't until I was completely done that I realized I had only five or six eyelashes left on each eye. I looked like a fat Yzma


only my lashes were never that long. You can see some just-coming-in-lashes, though, if you look closely enough.



Even those few I had left were very likely to fall out. When I got down to two eyelashes on each side, I broke down and bought some fake eyelashes to wear to church. (By the way, fake eyelashes tend to be outrageously long. I had to trim the ones I bought so they didn't look quite so fake.) June 5th was the big day. It took me about 30 minutes to get them on and I had taken them off and put them on so many times by then that the adhesive wasn't really working too well on the ends so they kind of poked up.

6/5/2011
2 months after last chemo session


Then when I took them off that night, I pulled off the few natural eyelashes that were left. Definitely not worth it in my opinion. As long as you wear eyeliner, people have to get really close to see you don't actually have eyelashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment